New to the world of facial oils? Let us catch you up. Not only do natural facial oils give your skin an intense hit of nutrients and moisture, but they can also actually treat your skin concerns.
That’s right, whether your face is acne-prone, dry, or oily, there’s a natural oil out there that’ll help to calm and nourish your complexion. That being said, with so many options to choose from, it can be tricky to work out which is the best natural oil for your face.
To make things easier, we’ve made a list of our favourite (vegan) natural face oils, breaking them down by their benefits and which skin types they work best for. Get ready to boost your skin care routine…
*Please note that we’re not experts. Ask your dermatologist for further info.
- Rosehip oil is packed with essential fatty acids and vitamin A (natural retinol) which helps to repair skin cells and damaged tissue, improving skin tone and minimising the appearance of scars and fine lines.
- It promotes cell turnover and boosts collagen production, making it the perfect anti-aging product.
- It contains high levels of linoleum acid, which helps to break down grease and oils, with a comedogenic rating of 1, meaning it won’t suffocate your pores.
The product: We vote Pai’s Bioregenerate Rosehip Oil.
The skin type: This is a great oil for anti-aging fine lines and wrinkles as well as acne-prone skin and pigmentation.
Hemp Seed Oil
- Hemp seed oil is the ultimate hydrator. High in omega acids 3, 6, and 9, it helps to repair your skin barrier, sealing cells and trapping moisture inside them.
- It’s an anti-inflammatory; it soothes skin, reduces redness, and relieves dry patches.
- With high levels of linoleic acid, it helps to balance your skin by breaking down excess oils.
- Unlike most other oils, hemp seed oil has a comedogenic rating of 0 which means it won’t clog your pores.
The product: Try Doctor Botanicals’ Hemp Seed Oil.
Skin type: This is the perfect oil for dry skin, acne-prone skin, and oily skin.
- Jojoba oil has seriously similar properties to our skin’s sebum. This means that it’s able to effectively penetrate our top layer of skin, providing deep, long-lasting hydration.
- It can help to balance our skin’s natural oils and reduce shine, which is perfect if you have oily skin.
- It boosts the production of collagen and it’s high in vitamin E, making it an excellent anti-aging product.
- It’s a natural antifungal and antibacterial.
The product: MV Skintherapy’s Pure Jojoba Oil is organic and gluten-free!
Skin type: Oily skin, dry skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Prickly Pear Oil
- Prickly pear oil is high in essential fatty acids and vitamin E, a natural antioxidant, that helps to protect skin from free radicals (aka damaging chemicals that can cause lines and wrinkles).
- The amino acids in the prickly pear oil help to boost the production of collagen, which keeps skin looking young and fresh.
- It also contains vitamin K which can help with hyperpigmentation and improve your skin’s elasticity.
The product: Bybi’s Supercharge Serum contains prickly pear oil (amongst other nourishing ingredients)! It’ll make you glow.
Skin type: Fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, dry skin.
With hundreds of off-the-shelf face oils to choose from it can be difficult to make a decision on which is best for you. This is why we’ve picked our favourite facial oil on the market which combines organic calendula extract, calming lavender, uplifting bergamot and healing frankincense to balance your skin.
The Lucky Cloud Balancing Facial Oil RRP £21 featured in our November Pip Box, which you can purchase for just £22 with 4 othr items (still available to purchase here, updated 24.11.20) combines healing essentials oils with anti-inflammatory properties that are perfect for combination and sensitive skin (dry, oily and acne-prone).
The perfect facial oil for anyone looking to build their skin routine.